Troop 251 Insurance Information Form

for adult leaders and parents wishing to

provide transportation for Scouts to Scouting events


The following information is requested to comply with BSA insurance requirements.

A database of this information will be used when filing BSA Tour Permit Applications.


Type of vehicle

(van, pick-up, sedan, etc)


Year of vehicle


Make and model


Owner's name


Driver's license number


Public Liability Coverage:


Amount of liability per person


Amount of liability per accident


Property damage coverage




All drivers must adhere to the following rules which are set forth in the BSA Local Tour Permit Application.



1.You will enforce reasonable travel speed in accordance with state and local laws in all motor vehicles.


2.If by motor vehicle:


a . Driver Qualifications: All drivers must have a valid driver ís license and be at least 18 years of age.

Youth Member Exception: When traveling to an area, regional, or national Boy Scout activity or any Venturing event under the leadership of an adult (21+) tour leader, a youth member at least 16 years of age may be a driver, subject to the following conditions: (1) Six monthsí driving experience as a licensed driver (time on a learnerís permit or equivalent is not to be counted); (2) no record of accidents or moving violations; (3) parental permission has been granted to leader, driver, and riders.


b. If the vehicle to be used is designed to carry more than 15 persons (including driver) the driver must have a commercial driverís license (CDL).


c. Driving time is limited to a maximum of 10 hours and must be interrupted by frequent rest, food, and recreation stops.


d. Seat belts are provided, and must be used, by all passengers and driver.

Exception:A school or commercial bus.


e. Passengers will ride only in the cab if trucks are used.


Scouting in Clarks Green Homepage